Thursday 7 December 2017

Blogmas Day- 6 : The Satchel Makeover!

Hello!!! 

For today's Blogmas post I want to share a very simple and spontaneous DIY that my sister I undertook this evening. 
This simple, very vintage-looking bag has been sitting in my closet for over 4 years now. My sister picked it up for me during a work trip to Jaipur. 
I have been meaning to carry it for ages but for some reason or the other it has sat unused and unloved! 
Bad form! 

So, this evening I dug it out from the depths of my closet. The hardware on the bag had a fair amount of rust on it which I had to clean away. Actually, my sister managed to clean it off with some coconut oil and cotton. It is now slightly stained but infinitely better! 

I then thought why not jazz it up a little?
Like slightly...with some vintage vibes patches. We received our Planner Society Kit for November in the mail today and it came with a gorgeous floral patch. That got me inspired and I went and dug out some older patches I had on hand. 

Some glue magic later and voila! We had a whole new look to an old bag. 




The process was really simple. We first placed the patches on the flap of the bag to see where it would look the best. Then using E6000 (you can use Fevikwik or any hot glue), we glued them on to the bag! That's about it! So simple! 




This rose patch is from a pack of patches that we picked up in the Sales earlier this year from H&M. It came with loads of other grungy looking patches, including one that says 'Introvert'! Excited to put that on something, but not sure on what yet. 



The floral antlers patch is from the November Planner Society Kit. It is just the perfect amount of vintage-y vibe that this bag needed! 




This glittery moon with three stars patch is from a celestial themed Accessorize pack of patches. Again, something we picked up during the sales last year. 
Tip: Sales are the perfect time to buy bits and bobs like pins, patches, stationery etc. from high street brands. They are significantly marked down and very affordable during the sales!





So, here it is! 
The finished product! 

From left to right: 

Moon and Stars Patch- Accessorize 
Floral Antlers Patch- The Planner Society Kit 
Rose Patch- H & M 


See you tomorrow! 


No comments: