Sunday 3 December 2017

Blogmas Day- 3 #SixThingsSunday

Hello! 

If you follow me on Instagram, you might know that every Sunday I like to share 6 Random Thoughts and Musings. I like to call this series of mine Six Things Sunday. I've been doing it for over 2 years now and I Love it. And so to a lot of my Insta friends. 
:) 

I thought today I'd share my Six Things on here for a change. 


Today I want to talk about some of my favourite memories from December's past. 


So here are my 6 best memories of December. 

1. The best thing about December during my school days was that we only had 2 weeks of school. And those 2 weeks were also mostly spent rehearsing for school plays and generally being in a state of merriment. It was always festive and chilled and just all around lovely. 

2. I was once Mother Mary in a school play in the 7th grade. I had month long rehearsals and I had to bring my own doll to be Baby Jesus!  On the day of the performance, I had to do the same play some 3 times. Once for the high school kids, once for primary school and once for the kids in KG! By the end of the day me and Joseph were so hungry, tired and annoyed, we were actually eating chips on stage. When I got home, my Thamma was dying to see my face, thinking I would have a full face of make-up. Sadly, my version of Mary was sans make-up much to my grandma's sorrow. 

3. Road Trips! Road trips are great all year around but come December, road trips are so much better in the winter chill. When I lived in Lucknow, weekends in December were reserved for trips to bird sanctuaries and jungles close by to spend our days amongst nature. Those were some of the best days in my life. 

4. Winter picnics were also especially wonderful! 
Sitting out in the sun and eating our in the open. Playing board games and exploring the woods and eating delicious oranges. Bliss! 
Do people still go on picnics? 

5. When I was in the 1st grade we had a Santa come to school during our Christmas party and hand out gifts to everyone. I got a little handmade stuffed plushie- a little puppy. I called him Precious and he is one of my favourite toys from my childhood. I really lucked out, since a lot of other kids got wooden blocks and such. Precious was perfection! 

6. In 2010, when I lived in Bangalore, I sprained my leg really badly in November and because of which I had to cancel several plans. Most importantly, I couldn't come down to Bombay for Christmas like I usually did. 
I was bummed! 
To make things worse I was stuck at home for over a month. 
So to cheer me up my sister got home a Christmas tree and we had a tree up for the first time ever. I cannot tell you how happy it made me. 
A tree and lights and ornaments. 
We even had a scented ornament that smelt like a real Christmas tree. 
It was one of my happiest Christmases ever!!! 


A glimpse of our first Christmas tree circa 2010!
Such a happy time! 


No comments: