Saturday 9 December 2017

Blogmas Day- 9 : A Bookish Gift Guide! Gifts for the Bookworms in your Life.

Hello! 

Kicking off my Gift Guide series for this year. 
I don't know about you, but giving and receiving gifts for Christmas is one of my favourite things to do! 
:) 
I love thinking about what gifts work for certain people, I especially love buying books for people. 
I am hoping this post helps those of you who are trying to buy a gift for a fellow bookworm. 
Now sometimes you know the person, for whom you are buying for, but at times you may be buying for someone who might know not too well, perhaps a co-worker? So I have a book or two or them as well. 

Here are some Books you could buy for the Bookworms in your life this Christmas. 

1. Prize/ Award Winning Books + Shortlist Books: This is a good way to ensure that you are giving a book that comes with rave reviews and is loved by a lot of people. 


The Man Booker Prize Shortlist is a great way to find the books you might want to gift. 

2. Harry Potter Illustrated Editions: Being a total Potter-Head, how could I not include these books on the list? The Illustrated Editions are a thing of beauty. A total treat for the Potter fan in your life. 




You could totally spoil someone and get them all three books or just get them the first book in the series! 
:) 



3. Terribly Tiny Tales: A book for even a not-so-avid-reader. A book to flip through at leisure and read at a slow pace. 


This also makes a good read for a fan the TTT stories on FB. 

4. Books To Film or TV Adaptation: If you are buying for a TV addict it might be lovely to get them the book on which their favourite TV show is based on. 

Some of my recommendations. 

Big Little Lies
Game of Thrones 
The Handmaid's Tale







5. Bestsellers: A very safe bet is to give a bestseller. Especially if you are buying for someone you don't know very well. A bestseller is the safest kind of book to buy given it's backed by the sheer number of people who've bought the books and enjoyed them. Look by the Top 10 bestsellers of the year and pick some that suits the gift receiver. 

Some of my suggestions for this year. 




6. Ruskin Bond Books: I may be biased but I do think that Ruskin Bond books make for excellent gift and excellent reads. Any book by him is a good choice but for this Christmas I think his newest book/journal is a fantastic idea. 


It's a very unique journal which is a perfect gift for the new year. I highly, highly recommend. 

7. Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: An incredible gift for children and adults alike. I read this book earlier in the year loved it and it will make for a perfect Christmas gift! 




8. Buy A Book That You Loved: I guess the best book to buy for someone else is a book you've really, really loved and can't wait for the other person to read it. I personally love giving books I've loved dearly as gifts. 

For this year, some of my recommendations are: 

Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi.
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. 
Pachinko by Min Jin Lee.




9. Kindle: For a bookworm you won't to utterly spoil or one that you love very much, you could get them a Kindle! 
I am an avid Kindle user for the last 4 years and I've really enjoyed it immensely and I can't recommend it enough. 


You could get a Kindle Paperwhite, which is the one I use and love. It's such a delight to read on! 



But if you are feeling particularly generous A Kindle Oasis would make a great present too. 

10. A Gift Card or A Trip To Your Favourite Bookshop! 
Another great bookish gift is a Gift Card to a bookshop or even an Amazon Gift Card to buy books of the gift receiver's choice. 



OR..
You could take the person to a your favourite bookshop and let them choose a few books of their own choice! 
That way you are not only gifting someone books but you are also gifting them an experience. 

:)





No comments: