Saturday 11 March 2017

Book Haul/// Books of February 2017, Part- I.

Hello! 

I am a little late hauling these first batch of books I bought in February, but I did get these books pretty much in the last few days of Feb. I normally like to do a big ass book haul to celebrate my birthday but this year I decided not to go down that route! For one I didn't spend my birthday the usual way by going to 3 bookshops and just going crazy. I spent it at home with my folks. I still haven't made to the bookshops to do my annual unabated book buying. I might at some point in time. Just not yet. 

I only bought some books in the end of the month because I needed some cheering up one day. Nothing major, just had a long and tiring day that only buying books could fix.
Do you guys have such days? 

Let's jump into the books I've bought...


Books Bought: 

1. Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz 
2. My Grandmother Sends Her Regards & Apologises by Fredrik Bachman 
3. The One in a Million By by Monica Wood 
4. The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick 
5. The Poison of Love by K.R. Meera 
6. Collected Stories Vol. I by Shashi Deshpande 
7. The Boy Who Swallowed a Nail and Other Stories by Lalita Iyer 
8. The Clothing of Books by Jhumpa Lahiri 


Look I got a signed copy! 
:O 



I've already read this little book and I love how it's full of beautiful illustrations. 



Another book I've already read. I don't know where the picture of the cover went. 
But here is the front page! 


This book sounds really sweet and heart warming. 
A man goes looking for the meaning behind all of the charms on his newly diseased wife's charm bracelet. And this takes him all over the world. 
It had pretty high ratings. I am quite excited to read it. 


A story about a 11 year old boy and his 104 year old friend. 
Sounds sweet. 
I also read a Kindle free story based on this book..or was it an excerpt? I quite liked it and decided to give this book a go. 


I already own A Man Called Ove but haven't read it yet. This one comes highly recommended. A 7 year old girl loses her beloved grandmother and then goes on to do some chores that her grandma asked her to do posthumously. 
Another sweet book by the sounds of it. 


This book we got earlier in the month. But I never hauled it. 
I've read recently and a full review is also up on the blog. 


Oh! The sight of a fresh new pile of books! 
:) 
Ain't anything better! 

Have a wonderful Saturday. 
I am about to dive into a pile of delicious gujiyas---a special Holi treat! 

No comments: