Saturday 30 November 2013

Tag Time: The Completed Series Tag.


1. Ah! Enid Blyton! I love her books. Her books are basically my entire childhood reading. I adore her books and their characters. 

I have read the entire Famous Five series and loved it! I want to...at some point...in the distant future buy all the books and add to my personal collection. Ah! Some day! Fingers crossed!



2. Of course I've read the entire Harry Potter series...multiple times over. Love it!



3. I read the Hunger Games series is much hyped-up Young Adult  book series that I am sure most of you have heard about and even read. I heard of these books around 2011 and got the first one and really enjoyed it. Then I got the second and third ones and breezed through them. I hadn't read a dystopian book till I read this one and I didn't know what to expect going in. I was quite surprised that I enjoyed it. 

Looking back though I have quite a few issues with these books. For one, the whole idea of this society remaining silent for 75 years and letting the Hunger Games go on and watching the live telecast of children engaging in deadly hand-to-hand combat and fighting till death is just absurd! Why would you wait so long revolt? 

I also wasn't a big fan of the lack of information about why the world turned out like this. I hate dystopian books that don't explain why the world is the way it is. 

But these books are largely enjoyable and quick, fast reads and full of action.


4. The Chemical Garden Series is another dystopian series that I have finished! I read all 3 books back to back and quite enjoyed them. 

In this world, boys die by the age of 25 and girls by 21. So in order to have as many descendants as possible boys have multiple wives and try to have as many kids as they can. The reason for these dire state of affairs is that generations back in order to live for longer, people basically have genetically engineered children. The first generation after these treatments led to perfect offspring and healthy people. But the next generation suffered as a consequence and began dying in their twenties. 

I liked the world building in these books and enjoyed them overall.  




5. I went through a huge Meg Cabot phase a couple of years ago and read quite a few of her books. I loved these books. They are about a 20 something girl who used to be a rather famous pop-singer but now after having many flops now works in dorm and manages it. She also sleuths and solves murders in all three books. 

These are typical chick-lit books that are hugely entertaining. 

6. A two-set series that I enjoyed immensely and actually want to re-read soon. It's about a arty teenage girl who accidentally saves the President and is an instant celebrity as a result. 

Sweet, funny and with a bit of romance these books were very fun. 



7. The Queen of Babble books are abut a girl who shoots her mouth of and usually gets into a world of trouble. I don't remember much about these books apart from the fact that the girl was a designer..and that the romance was really sweet. 





8. Ah...I loved the Shopaholic books when they first came out and I read them. But now...I just really don't like these books. Becky Bloomwood is a menace. I really see no character growth in her and she remains just as immature and ridiculous from book one to book six. I probably won't be reading any more books in this series..I am sorta done with it. 


9. Technically not book series but I love the Tintin comic books and have read all of them. They are due for a re-read real soon. 



10. Yes, I've read all the books in the Twilight Saga (really?!). The first book was amazing! Really amazing. I have no shame in admitting that. The second was OK and the third one was decent too. The fourth and final book though was just....horrid! I wish I had stopped after the third one but alas!




11. I recently finished the Divergent recently and I have mixed feeling. The first book was awesome. I read it in a few hours and just couldn't put it down. I loved it! 

The second one I ordered the moment it came out and was really excited. But I put off reading it for months and months...I would pick it up and leave it. Finally, after months of getting it I made myself read it and enjoyed it moderately. 

The third and final book came out last month and I once again got it immediately. I really didn't enjoy this book and was disappointed greatly by it. 

These are all the series I've read in whole...oh wait there is also The Fifty-Shade of Grey books that I've read but forgot to mention earlier. 

Which series have you finished entirely? 
Have you read any of these series?
Do you have a series that you'd recommend? 

Tell Tell!

No comments: