Wednesday 31 July 2013

Monthly Wrap-Up: Books Read in July 2013.

















July was an OK reading month for me. I read a fair amount of books and even some good books. But I didn't fall madly in love with any book I read. But I like that I read a mixed bag of books. There is a classic, some young adult, Indian writing, ghost stories, steamy romances and several re-reads. So in that sense it was a pretty good month. 

I finally read Northanger Abbey and it was amazing! Simply brilliant. Loved it. If you haven't read it, read it now! Reading it began my reading all six Austen novels this year. Next on the list is Sense and Sensibility..which I intend to read in August..maybe. 

I also enjoyed Jacob's Hill (review coming soon), After Dark (also to-be reviewed shortly) and Morality for Beautiful Girls. 

Currently I am re-re-reading the first Potter book just in time for Harry Potter's birthday. A good way as any to end the reading for the month. 

For next month's reading I might try reading based on a reading theme....I am terribly excited! But more on that on the 1st of August!!!! 

What did you read this month???? 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I completed reading Books 2 and 3 of Harry Potter, some Arranged Marriage (in between, but I didn't complete it), Afterlife (the ghost stories book), a book of Enid Bylton's Tales from Long Ago, The Bride Quartet by Nora Roberts and now reading Book 4 of HP and Inferno by Dan Brown. :-)

Unknown said...

*Tales of Long Ago!

Pooja T said...

Roanna- you've had a good reading month! Ah and Enid Blyton! I haven't read one of her books in ages!!!