Thursday 25 November 2021

General Whimsy: The Mellow Days of November.

 Hello Loves! 

I don't know what it's about November that makes me slow down and lose a little steam. Maybe it's winter making it's presence felt. Or maybe I take a break in anticipation of December and some marathon blogging. 

Whatever the reason maybe, I slow down glacial come November. 

I have blogged only 4 times all this month and it makes me sad to ignore this space. 

So let's do a little bit of a catch up shall we? 

Here's a little glimpse of what my November has looked like..



I hope you guys had a happy and safe Diwali. 

Ours was warm and cozy. 

We stayed in. 

Lit lights and diyas. 

Cooked up a storm. 

Watched some films.

It was allll good. 


A little Reading Update. 

Reading has been good. Really quite good so far this month. Earlier this month I made a TBR and you know what? I am actually kinda sticking to it! 

What even! 

I have also managed to incorporate some non-fiction reading into my reading for Nonfiction November. 

The nonfiction I've read this month, so far: 

Empress: The Astonishing Reign of Nur Jahan by Ruby Lal: I really enjoyed reading history after absolute ages. Loved this book about a favourite period in Indian history. 

4/5 

The Temple Road by Fazlur Rahman: A memoir of a Bangladeshi doctor who goes from this village in rural Bangladesh to the US. I loved the bits set in his childhood home, a village and it's people and his early life. A good read overall. Felt like I was listening to one of my uncle's talk about his life. 

3/5 

Red Handed: 20 Criminal Cases that Shook India by Souvik Bhadra and Pingal Khan: I finished this book yesterday and I quite enjoyed this true crime read, this one is more focused on the legal and judicial aspects of these famous cases and it was a decent read. 

3/5 

My Body by Emily Ratajkowski: I am currently reading this book. I am about 34% in and I am really enjoying the writing and tone of  this memoir. Celebrity books can be tricky and this one I am happy to report is a well written and thought provoking tome on women's body and how easily it's made into a commodity. I am surprised by how much I am enjoying this book. 

I am not reading exclusively nonfiction titles this month because I don't think I could sustain it. I am a lover of all things fiction and nonfiction while enjoyable isn't my mainstay. So I am happy to read a few books here and there but my main joy and focus will always be fiction. 

So far I have read some 13 books and am reading two others as we speak. And most of them have been good reads. 

I know I have slipped up on sharing my Reading Wrap-ups (why do I always end up slipping on it) but it's something I am really, really hoping to get back on. 


With winter here, a lot of reading has been happening outside. 
On the terrace. 
Getting sunned and feeling good. 
There is a different sort of magic to reading outside. 


There has also been a lot of cozy reading in bed and I am LIVING for winter nights, under a quilt and a good book and a steaming cup of tea for company. 
Oh and my beautiful bookmarks make things better. 
The one above is from Page Break. 


This gorgeous beauty is from Studio Joyeeta. 
I love it. 


I have been obsessed with Lebu Cha. 

A lemon tea which is a Bengali speciality and is sold in tea stalls all over Bengal. 

A mix of lemon and spice. This tea warms the heart and soothes the stomach. 

It basically has sugar, black salt, tea (very little) and Hajmola! Yup good old Hajmola, add two per cup of tea and a dash of lemon juice and you are in for a treat. 

:) 


There has also been a spot of art and painting in my tiny sketchbook.
I love this tiny sized space to create because it takes the pressure off to fill up an entire page and something tiny is doable for someone like me who isn't exactly an artist. 
:) 
I love love love painting leaves. 



There has been very little to almost no shopping all this month. 
Which is a good thing be! 
:) 
We did redeem some of out Chumbak gift vouchers and got a new watch. 
Look how pretty! 
I also have a laptop sleeve in this print and I love it so much. 



November 16th was my sister's birthday and all this month we've done little things to celebrate her. 
:) 
Watched her favourite films. 
Eat her favourite food. 
And cake. 
:) 



November has been good. 

Full of books and flowers and winter sunshine. 

:) 

Hope November has been good for you too. 

:) 


No comments: