Wednesday 9 December 2015

2015 Favourites: Top 5 Children's Books of 2015.

Hello Lovelies :) 

The end of the year is looming large. 

Which means it's time to line up and list some of my Favourite Reads of the year. 
Like last year I am breaking up my faves in categories and genres. 

Let's start with some Children's Books. 

I want to read more Kids books and I always enjoy them. 
Simple. Uncomplicated. Filled with lovely characters and life lessons. 

Let's see the books I loved best this year. 
In no particular order...


1. Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling, Illustrated by Jim Kay: Ok...this might be considered cheating since I haven't actually read this version of this beloved book. But how can it possibly not be a favourite?! Like seriously! It's gorgeous and a work of beauty. 


2. The Blue Umbrella and Thick as Thieves by Ruskin Bond: Two delightful little books. Full of loveable and endearing characters and bittersweet things. Just heart-warming books. So good. 




3. Pashu by Devdutt Pattnaik: An illustrated books dedicated solely to the many animals found in Indian mythology. A lovely concept and the illustrations though simple are lovely. I love mythology. And any books full of animals and their stories are something I am bound to enjoy. So good. 


4. The Magic of the Lost Temple by Sudha Murthy: I recently read and loved this book. A story of summer holidays, adventures big and small and a wonderful set of grandparents. Sweet and wonderful. Also full of illustrations. 


5. The Exercise Book, The Post-Master, The Real Artist, Wish Fulfilment and The Holidays by Tagore: You can't be a full fledged Bengali if you don't love Tagore or haven't read Tagore. Sadly I can't read my mother tongue Bengali so I have to rely on translations to read his works. Thank-God for that! :) I recently read these five short-stories for children and I really loved it. Simple but so deep and with such powerful social messages in each of them. They were a delight to read and I most certainly want more of these books. :) 



No comments: