Books I’m Reading Now.

 Hello Loves! 

My reading habits have changed quite a bit. 

I used to be a book monogamist, I only ever read one book at a time and couldn't imagine reading any other way. I saw other folks read a huge stack at books in one go and wondered how they did it..

Cut to now and my monogamous nature..when it comes to books have changed quite a bit. 

Now I read a couple of books at a time. 


I am currently reading three books this week. 
I have my morning read: my daytime read if you will. 


I am reading: Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson, which is literary whodunnit set in 1954. 
The book's written in 1995 and something about a book written in the 90s is just hitting the spot. 
It took me sometime to get into this book but I'm currently a 100 pages in and really enjoying it. 


This is my evening read: Elizabeth and her German Garden by Elizabeth Von Arnim. 
A classic about a woman's love for nature and her garden and books and thriving when away from her angry husband and home in the city. 
It shows how hard a woman has to work to carve out some semblance of a life and leisure for herself. 
I find this aspect very relatable and I'm sure many women will feel similarly. 


 And now for my night read and my iPad read. 



Jacaranda by Gael Faye: Translated from French, this one is about Rwanda and the genocide and how it changed people and destinies. I haven't consumed much about Rwanda and know the bare bones details about the War years, I mainly avoided it because I was too scared but I am trying to be brave and bear witness to real life horrors in our world. 

I am a little bit in and really loving this book so far. 


So that's my reading situation right now. 

3 books and all very different books and I guess that's the secret to reading multiple books at once. 

I can't imagine reading three fairly similar books at the same time...for instance I can't imagine reading 3 thrillers at the same time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Room on the Roof by Ruskin Bond.

Review: Grandma's Bag of Stories by Sudha Murthy.

Book Review: The Girl in the Glass Case by Devashish Sardana