Friday 22 June 2018

Friday Favourites: Tassel Earrings + Cat Blog Planner + Journal Pages + Lust Stories + The Staircase

Hello and Welcome to another edition of Friday Favourites! 

This has been such a good week! 
I've read 3 books already and this sort of feat hasn't happened in a while. Back in 2014 I was reading 25 books and month and now I am lucky if I manage to read 12-15 books! This has been playing on my mind for a while and I really want to read more. I am so happy that this week felt a little like my OG reading life! 

But on to some favourites of mine from recent times! 


1. These gorgeous tassel earrings from The Tassle Life. I love the spring-y colours on these babies. So freaking cute! 


2. My adorable Cat Blog Planner!!!
Look at that cute little face! 


3. Journaling. 


4. The Staircase: This is what I've been watching all week long. A true crime documentary chronicling the murder  Kathleen Peterson and then trial of her husband Mike Peterson. The show asks the question if Kathleen died as a result of a freak accident, a fall from the stairs or was she murdered? 
This isn't the kind of show that you can binge. At least, I am not binging it. I've been watching an episode or two at one go and I really like it. I haven't finished it yet but I am so hooked and I can't wait to see where this show is going or what happens to Mike Peterson. 



5. Lust Stories: We watched Lust Stories last weekend (on Netflix) and we quite, quite enjoyed it. Lust Stories is an anthology of four stories, each centered around a woman and her sexual desires. The first story is directed by Anurag Kashyap and it is (sort of) a funny take on a student-teacher relationship. A young woman teacher enters into a no-strings one-night stand with a student and the story then takes an unexpected turn. This was a strictly okay short film and it went on for way too long in a slightly repetitive manner. 
The next story is directed by Zoya Akhtar and it is such a beautiful and nuanced coming-of-age story about a maid and her employer. Bhumi Pednekar doesn't have a single dialogue and yet she emotes so powerfully with her eyes and expressions. A truly beautiful movie! 
The third movie is directed by Dibakar Banerjee and this was SUCH a LET DOWN! We were bored stiff of the story 10 minutes into it and skipped ahead. 
The fourth movie is directed by Karan Johar and, to be honest, we went into it with the least possible expectations. However, it was surprisingly cheeky and funny. Mr. Johar should definitely do more middle-class stories! 
So, overall, 3 out of 4 stories were pretty decent and this is a movie worth watching! 

No comments: