Friday 2 September 2022

Book Haul: Books of August 2022.

Hello Loves! 

:) 

Time for a little book haul. 

And by little I mean three books. 

I have become sensible with my book buying y'all. Maybe this is what being a grown-up is all about. 

The best part is I bought these books and read these books in the same month. 

Yay for book buying and rapid book reading! 


 

I can't tell you how glad I am to finally add these gorgeous books to my shelves. I have wanted them for ages but graphic novels are so expensive that I always think long and hard before buying them. 

Around Independence Day, Amazon had some massive sales going on and I saw that the box-set of these books were available at an amazing deal. And I immediately got them. 

I am so freaking happy. 

The stories are ones that I love, i.e. mythology and history and chapters from the vedas. And the art is simply stunning. 




I mean, just look at the art on the box-set. 

I am so in love. 



I loved both these books, but I may be slightly more partial towards Sauptik because it took me back to the world and people I like best, Mahabharata. I also really, really appreciated and related to the tone and angle the author has taken with these stories. 



If you enjoy epics and you like feminist or modern re-tellings of these great tales, these books are perfect for you. 


I am so happy to have them and have read them. 

I know these will be books I come back to in the future. 



Can you tell how obsessed I am with this epic? 
Very. 
I think my attachment to this story and these characters comes from my Thamma, my grandmother, who would tell me stories from various parts of the epic and we would talk about these characters as if they were people we knew, we talked about their flaws, we talked about our favourite characters and those we despised. Since then I have always sought out stories and re-tellings and versions of this story. 



The art is very vivid and visceral. 



So pretty. 

I really enjoyed this book and even made my sister read it. 


BOOKS BOUGHT: 

Panchali by Sibaji Bandyopadhyay 

Art by Sankha Banerjee 


Parva Duology by Amruta Patil 


I love graphic novels so much, if I had a secret supply of unending money, I'd buy so mannnnnyyyy graphic novels guilt free. 

:) 

No comments: