Sunday 1 August 2021

Hello August 2021 + Indian Books in August + TBR for August!

 


Hello August! 

I am so happy you are here! 

August used to be a pretty ordinary month in my corner of the world. Apart Independence Day, it held no real importance in my life. 

Till 2013! 

When I decided to celebrate Independence Day allllll month instead of just on the 15th. 

I started my annual Indian Books in August and have never looked back. 

I also include some subcontinental reads, because this month holds a lot of value for all of us. So I try to include some reads from Pakistan and Bangladesh. It is one of my favourite reading months of the whole year and I read books I am anyways drawn to the most. 

I am so happy to kickstart my reading this month! 




I have a tentative TBR for this month. Something I've been brewing for the last few months. Keeping books aside to read this month. 
 I am tres tres excited. 

Here's my TBR for this years Indian Books in August: 

1. Home and The World by Tagore (or some of his short stories)

2. Sitayana by Amit Majmudar 

3. The Chinaroom by Sunjeev Sahota (I might just read The Year of the Runaways instead, let's see which book calls out to me.)

4. The Runaways by Fatima Bhutto (Pakistan) 

5. Lallan Sweets by Srishti Chaudhary 

6. The Temple Road by Fazlur Rahman (Bangladesh, A non-fiction read)

7. The Start-Up Wife by Tahmina Anam (Bangladesh) {Honestly a bit on the fence for this one, I love this author's work but this book sounds a bit out there for me.} 

8. Acid by Sangeetha Sreenivasan 

9. Requiem in Raga Janaki by Neelam Saran Gour 

10. Vanara by Anand Neelkantan 

11. Angaaray Translated by Snehal Singhavi (Translated from Urdu)

12. Kartography by Kamila Shamsie (Pakistan) 

13. Daughter from a Wishing Well by Sudha Murty 

14. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri (Re-read) 

15. A Plate of White Marble by Bani Basu (Translated from Bengali) 


I am quite pleased with my list. I do love the range of these books. 







That is my list, I hope to read these and then some. 

My secret goal is to read 20 books this month and I really hope to make that happen. 

:) 


Have a good August folks. 

I hope it's full of books and rest and joy and good things. 


No comments: