Saturday 15 May 2021

Weekend Reads: What I am Reading & Watching This Weekend.

 Hello Loves! 

This weekend both my reading choice and my watching choices take me to Kerala. 

I am neck deep in all things Malayalam Crime and I couldn't be happier. My sister and I both reading the same book right now, i.e. we are buddy reading. 

A true crime book, a memoir of a Police Surgeon. 


Dead Men Tell Tales by Dr. B. Umadathan: This book was on my radar for a while, it sounds amazing. A retired Police Surgeon talks of his glorious career and the many interesting cases he encountered. I am a little bit in at this point, around 33% and I am quite happy with the writing and the cases and his personal reminiscing. 

Will talk more about it once I am done. I should hopefully be able to finish it this weekend. 

As for what I am watching, I am strictly in the same-ish league. 


Forensic:  This is streaming on Netflix and is a film full of twists and turns and follows a cop and her team trying to nab a serial killer on the loose. I watched it last night and really, really enjoyed it. It's slick and like I said delivers one twist after another. 
Fun! And low-key creepy. 





Some of the twists I did see coming but others were a nice surprise. 



Nizhal (The Shadow): This is streaming on Prime and I am currently half way through it, so I can't quite say how I feel about it, but so far so good. Slightly creepy and a has a good mystery going on. Fun. I hope the second half of the film lives up to the first half. 

I hope you have a good weekend and are safe and sound and well. 

No comments: