Friday 2 April 2021

Easter Weekend Film & TV Show Recommendations!

 Hello Loves! 

A long weekend is upon us and that means there's time to read and binge things. 

Lately, we, as in, me and my whole family have watched some good things. So I figured I'd share some of these with you so you can watch something good this weekend. 




1. Zack Snyder's Justice League: A four hour long super-cut of Justice League. I honestly didn't remember much of the original film, so most of this four hour long watch time feels brand new to me. It's fun and entertaining and at four hours will happily fill up your days. Plus it will make you want binge some other DC films. I might just watch some Wonder Woman magic or the Aquaman film. 

OR 

Go back to my ultimate pyaar..The Avengers! 


2. Godzilla Vs. King Kong: These films are just full-on fun. This new series with the monsters is such a fun ride. I really, really liked the  new King Kong film, Skull Island and saw King Kong in a whole new light. The new Godzilla films with the many MUTOs is not exactly my favourite thing ever, but I do find them worth watching and highly entertaining. So I knew I had to watch this super fight between these two Titans. I was of course Team Kong all the way! A gentle giant monkey over a giant lizard like creature any day! 

This film was fun and entertaining and immensely enjoyable. 

Is it a bit far fetched? 

Yes. 

But then that goes with the genre doesn't it. 

It was fun and delivered exactly what it promised! 

We watched both these films on HBO Max. 

3. Silence...Can You Hear It? A new film on Zee5 starring Manoj Bajpayee and Prachi Desai. It's a good old fashioned murder mystery. Perfect to watch over the weekend with your whole family. Good acting. A decent plot and a good mystery. Nicely done. Do check it out. 

4. The Wife: Another film we recently watched on Zee5 and this one is a horror film! If you know me you know exactly how much I love me some horror. Even if it's desi and honestly not that scary. This film follows a young married couple who've finally bought a home of their own in Mumbai. Only things are not quite right. 

Are they being haunted? 

Are they safe in their own home? 

I quite enjoyed this film and so did everyone else at home. 

A decent horror, with some scares and even a little twist or two thrown in. 

Good fun! 

5. Feluda On Adda Times: I will never not want to watch something with Feluda in it. This is the 2017 version with a modern day Feluda and Topshe solving mysteries. I didn't quite take to it back then but on seeing it now...I am quite happy with this avatar of Feluda. I have only seen one case so far and am midway through another case and I think there are a few more episodes to go. 



6. Pagglait: Saved the best for last. 
This film was such a happy surprise. 
I honestly didn't expect I'd love it so much. 
I thought it would be one of those typical hinterland tales of a loud woman who doesn't quite fit in with her family or culture. 
But this story about death, loss and grief and finding your own voice and making your decisions is just so lovely and moving in it's own quiet way.
Funny. 
Sad. 
Brilliant. 
Everything here feels sincere and real. 
I've already seen it twice and I cannot recommend it enough. 
So so good! 
It's streaming in Netflix. 

I hope you have a good weekend. 

I am hoping to actually work on a story and hopefully finish it this weekend. 

Wish me luck! 

:) 

No comments: