Sunday 7 March 2021

Weekend Reads: What Me & My Sister Are Reading this Weekend.

 Hello Loves! 

What good is a weekend if one doesn't spend it immersed in a good book or two? 

Yesterday, i.e. Saturday I spent my day driving around the hills and didn't get much reading done. 

Perfectly fine! 




So today I was determined to finish my current read: A People's History of Heaven by Mathangi Subramanian. 

I finished it earlier this evening and I liked it, quite a bit. It's a mix of multiple stories and so many fiesta and strong women. 

More on it later. 

Then I was looking around and picked up my Kindle to see if it needed charging and quite by chance started reading a new book. Once I started I couldn't put it down! 



The Secret Life of Debbie G by Vibha Batra & Kalyani Ganapathy: It all started cos I wanted to mess with the Invincibles (the superbrats). #SorryNotSorry. But one thing led to another, and before I knew it, I was hitting out at everyone, even the Incredibles (the geeks) and the Invisibles (the losers). Seriously, my online persona is starting to mess with my head.

The Secret Life of Debbie G. is the story of a sixteen-year-old who becomes an online sensation overnight. Except, it's her online persona that hits big time. Set in contemporary times, where the number of likes, comments, shares, DMs and followers determine a teenager's sense of self-worth, the story takes a close look at how social media influences their behaviour and affects their emotional health.

Equal parts poignant and fun, this is a bittersweet coming-of-age story.


This book is so adorable. And I am like 23% in and so invested in Arya's life. It reminds me of what being a teenager felt like. How everything little thing felt so much more magnified and so terribly dramatic and important and huge. I can't wait to read more of it. 


It's a graphic novel. 
I only wish I had bought a physical copy, because it's not the best experience reading this on my Kindle. 
But chalo, no biggie. 
I'll manage just fine! 



This is what my sister is reading and laughing out loud and loving. The new Anuja Chauhan book. 

Club You to Death by Anuja Chauhan: When a hunky personal trainer is found asphyxiated to death under an overloaded barbell at the posh Delhi Turf Club, on the eve of the club elections, it is first thought to be a freak accident. But soon, it becomes clear that one of the members of the DTC - all pickled-in-privilege Dilliwallahs - is a cold-blooded killer. 

As the capital bristles with speculation and conspiracy theories, Crime Branch veteran ACP Bhavani Singh is appointed to investigate the case. Together with his able deputies - ex-lovers Akash 'Kashi' Dogra, hottie crusader for human rights, and Bambi Todi, wealthy girl-about-town - ACP Bhavani sets out to solve a crime that seems simple enough at the surface, but turns out to have roots as deep and spreading as those of New Delhi's famous Neem trees... 

Anuja Chauhan returns with a bloody good romance set in the pulsating heart of Lutyen's Delhi.

Anuja Chauhan's books are always fun and entertaining and usually full of lovely men. A murder mystery by a good writer, sign me up! I was so excited to read this from the moment it was announced! 

My sister started it late last night and has been completely wrapped up in this story and mystery. 

A review will come soon! 

 

No comments: