Wednesday 31 March 2021

Quarterly Reading Update: Q1 2021.


Hello Loves! 

The first three months of the year are over.

It went by in such  a rush, didn't it? 

I have decided to break down my reading favourite and do some favourites reads for each Quarter. 

My Quarterly Reading Update. 

This is Quarter 1 of 2021. 

I have read 35 books so far.

A good solid number of books to have read.

I have bought around 16 books so far in 2021. 

&

I blogged every single day in 2021. 

I am quite pleased with how my reading is shaping up so far. 

I've read some good books.

Some great books. 

&

Some not so good books. 

But here's some of my favourites. 

These books are a mix of my favourite reads for the first Quarter of 2021 and some of my sister's faves too. 

My sister has read 26 books and some of these books we've read in common. 



 


1. The Adventures of Goopy The Singer and Bagha The Drummer by Upendra Kishore Ray Chowdhury: A childhood classic and a Bengali treasure. I am so glad we finally read the book that inspired one of the best films ever made. The book is sweet and funny and so much fun. 

5/5 

2. How To Be A Writer by Ruskin Bond: A little book of solid writing advice from one of the best writer's in India- Ruskin Bond. Accessible and a perfect read for those who want to write for a living. 

4/5 

3. Rebirth by Jahnavi Barua: A beautifully written book about life and the musings of a mother to-be to her unborn child, looking back on her life, especially her childhood in Assam. A wonderful book, sad in parts but lovely. 

4/5 

4. Saira Zariwalla is Afraid by Shabnam Minawala: A young adult murder mystery, with spooky vibes and very atmospheric. A full review for this is already up. Thoroughly enjoyable. 

4/5 

5. Pilgrimage by Ira Singh: A book that took me up surprise. I bought it on a whim, not knowing exactly what to expect. But this slim little book pulled me in and is easily one of my faves for the last three months. A full review is up for this book too. 

4/5 

6. Club You To Death by Anuja Chauhan: A fun, full of Delhi-ness book with a murder mystery. Anuja Chauhan's books are always delightful and funny. This one is no different. I was very excited to hear the she was writing her first murder mystery and this one was a good, solid first mystery novel. Review for this has been done too. 

4/5 

7. A People's History of Heaven by Mathangi Subramanian: A wonderful, uplifting and full of heart and fire book about an amazing gang of girls living in a slum in Bangalore. 

4/5 

8. The Little Flower Shop by The Sea by Ali McNamara: A feel-good book about a sweet little town on the Cornish coast and a woman, with a traumatic past looking to start afresh. Just the right kind of book to read if you are looking for something happy and warm! 

4/5 

9. The Gopi Diaries- Finding Love by Sudha Murty: A sweet little book about a doggo growing up surrounded by the people he loves and in the difficult and confusing circumstances of the Lockdown. 

5/5

10. The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman: Senior citizens. An old age home. A murder. Past secret. A group that meets every Thursday to revisit cold, unsolved cases. What is not to love?! A great little murder mystery. 

4/5 


I can only hope that the next three months are just as good and wholesome and full of wonderful books! 




No comments: